UK people with a full UK passport can travel to Iceland without a visa. However, many non-EU people living in the UK still require a Schengen visa to visit Iceland.
Following visa liberalisation policies for non-EU countries, the number of countries whose people require visas to travel to Europe has decreased slightly in recent years. However, the following nationalities are still required to get a Schengen Visa in order to visit Iceland and other Schengen countries.
More information about applying for an Iceland visa from the UK may be found below.
Who is required to obtain a visa before visiting Iceland?
You will need to apply for a visa before visiting Iceland if you are:
- Not a Nordic citizen
- Not an EU/EAA citizen
- Not a direct family member of an EU/EEA citizen
- A citizen of one of the countries listed on this page.
Who may apply for an Iceland visa from the United Kingdom?
Although Iceland is not a member of the EU, it is a member of the Schengen zone, which means that many nations do not require a visa to visit. This visa-free system is now available to citizens of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, among others. It would be best if you still met the following criteria:
- Travel to one (or more) of the Schengen countries for no more than 90 days in a 6-month period.
- Have a passport that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure date from the Schengen area.
- Have enough money for your stay, as well as a return or onward ticket, or enough money to purchase one.
This visa-free arrangement with its neighbours covers the vast majority of Schengen countries. There are, however, around 100 countries whose nationals are required to get a Schengen visa to enter any Schengen country. South Africans, Chinese, and Russians are now among them.
Iceland Visa application documents and requirements for UK residents
Here is a list of documents that an applicant needs:
- A valid passport.
- A properly completed application form for a Schengen visa.
- An application fee.
- A biometric passport photo.
- Two copies of your passport data page.
- Proof of travel medical insurance.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of financial means.
Suppose you are travelling to Iceland for a particular purpose, such as business, family visits, tourism or sporting events. In that case, you should also state the purpose of your trip in the application form.
The final list of documents needed for a visa application varies depending on the applicant’s circumstances.
Requirements for children under the age of 18
Children travelling with one parent are required to present a birth certificate, a letter from the absent parent allowing the child to travel and the notarised signature of both parents.
If the children are travelling with one parent and that parent is not the one holding custody, the travel permission of the parent whose signature is not on the birth certificate is also required.
If the parents share custody, both parents must sign the permission letter.
Documents required to apply for a visa for underage children
- Proof of parental income regularly (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Parental authorisation to travel must be notarised (parental travel consent)
- If one parent resides in another nation, their notarised parental travel consent is required.
- A school attendance letter issued by the Head of School
- Family appendix
All papers must be legalised and in one of the following languages:
How long does an Iceland visa application take?
You can apply for a Schengen visa to Norway 180 days before your scheduled travel. The visa application procedure usually takes around ten days after the Embassy receives the application, so you should apply well in advance of your scheduled trip. You must submit a complete application since applications with missing papers might be declined.
The information provided on this page is meant to give you a general idea about the procedure and requirements for getting an Iceland visa from the UK. Keep in mind that the rules and procedures for applying for a Schengen visa to travel to Iceland can change at any time without warning.
Are you in need of passport services in the UK? Travcour VLS is a Visa and passport application and legalisation specialist who can help you get your visa with no hassle and a 100% success rate. For more information on our services, visit our website today!