If you’re living in the UK and you have family members who’d want to visit you, you have a number of ways to bring them over. To do this, your family members must apply for a visa. Once granted, their visa will allow them to visit or stay with you for a certain period of time. There are various types of family visas available, depending on the type of family members you want to invite. To help you understand the process of getting a visa for your family members, we’ve got a handy guide for you.
Short-Term Visitor Visa for Family and Friends
Many people who wish to visit the UK have relatives. If you’re one of those who have family members who want to visit you in the UK, you can apply for a short-term visit visa. This type of visa is valid for up to 6 months, depending on the circumstances. In addition, it can be adjusted when needed.
In order to get a short-term visa for your family, you need to meet some eligibility requirements. First, you must be living in the UK or a citizen of the UK. Next, you need to provide proof of your family relationship with the person who wants to visit you.
Your family members, on the other hand, also need to meet a couple of eligibility requirements in order to apply for a Visitor Visa:
- They must be 18 years old and above.
- They want to visit the UK for less than six months.
- They will leave the UK after their Visitor Visa expires.
- They have the means to pay for their return back to their country.
- They have sufficient funds to support themselves without asking for assistance from public funds or working in the UK, or their friends and relatives can offer support and lodging to them while they are in the UK.
How to Apply for a Short-Term Visa
If your family members want to visit you in the UK for a short period, you can apply for a short-term Visitor Visa. They must be able to provide evidence that they’ll return to the country they came from after the visa expires.
To apply for a short-term family visa, you must complete an application form and also pay a fee. Your family members will also need to include:
- Evidence of their financial situation
- Two passport-size photos
- Proof of travel
- Proof of relationship to the person applying for the visa
- Evidence of their reasons for wanting to visit the UK
- Evidence of their accommodation in the UK
- Evidence of a return ticket
- Medical Certificate clearing them of any infectious diseases
After submitting your application, you’ll receive a letter. Once this is done, your family members can apply for a Visitor Visa. You can have your family members apply at a visa application center in their country of residence or at the airport or port they’re arriving in the UK.
Family reunification is a long-awaited dream of all people who have family members living in different countries around the world. With this guide, you now know how to bring your family members to the UK, even just for a short visit. However, if you have any questions, you can always contact a UK immigration lawyer for assistance.
Getting a Visa can be quite a complicated process if you’re not familiar with it. That’s why you need the help of Travcour VLS and let us do all the work for you. We can help you get your passport as well as process your visa applications in the UK. Our team takes pride in the seamless process that we provide, so you don’t have to worry about anything. Contact us today to get started!