Are you planning to travel to Ethiopia anytime soon? You should understand the details about the Ethiopian eVisa for British passport holders. Through this solution, you no longer need to visit the Ethiopian Embassy. Instead, you process the application online, and you will receive your visa via email.
Learn more about how to apply for a visa through this quick and easy guide.
Ethiopian Visa Requirements for British Citizens
The process of obtaining an Ethiopian eVisa is straightforward. However, you must work on meeting all of the requirements, especially if you want to achieve approval.
To get an Ethiopian eVisa, you must submit the following documents:
- A valid passport — Validity must be within at least six months from the date of your targeted entry to Ethiopia
- A recent passport-sized photograph — The dimensions must be 51mm x 51mm, and the photo must be front view with a clear, full face (from the top of the hairline to the chin with eyes open)
- Credit card or debit card for visa fee payment
- A scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page
- Complete the online application form with accurate details
- A valid resident permit in the UK
Additional Requirements That May Be Required
In some cases, applicants may also be required to provide:
- Recent bank statements that can show sufficient funds
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate
- Travel insurance
For minors who want to travel to Ethiopia, you have to obtain the additional requirements:
- A consent letter confirming that the child received permission to travel alone or with one parent
- Citizenship identification
- Birth certificate
- Legal documents like custody court orders, death certificates in the case of a deceased parent, or divorce papers
A person may be granted a UK Emergency Travel Document (ETD) for entry, airside transit and exit from Ethiopia in emergencies.
It is also best to do research before starting visa applications, especially regarding health concerns. Find out Ethiopia and your country’s health advice on vaccine recommendations, health risks, and outbreaks at least eight weeks before your flight.
Things to Keep In Mind When Travelling to Ethiopia
When visiting Ethiopia, here are some things you should keep in mind the following:
- Do not carry over 1000 Ethiopian birr when entering or leaving Ethiopia.
- Declare any cash over $3,000 or its equivalent to the local currency.
- When on a tourist visa, do not take up any employment on your trip.
- If you travel with minors, they need a separate application to obtain an Ethiopian visa.
The Timetable for Ethiopian Visa Processing
The first thing you have to do is submit all the documents and application requirements. After that, the Ethiopian authorities will go through them to verify each one. Usually, this process just takes one to three business days. If you want to check the progress, you can easily do this online.
However, you should note that the approval process may take longer in some cases. Sometimes, there are inaccuracies and application errors. To avoid any delays in your trip, make sure you apply at least seven days before your target flight.
Are you planning to visit Ethiopia anytime soon? Before you start the application, it is good to know how to get an Ethiopian eVisa for UK citizens. With this solution, you can keep track of your application in real-time. You can also track the progress of your document collection and approval.
If you need more Ethiopian visa application information in the UK, don’t hesitate to contact us at Travcour VLS. We can help you with the fastest way to get your visa, whatever decision you may want to make. Message us today to get started.